Room Makeovers in a Flash
Refreshing a room in your home — for a season or a more permanent change — doesn’t have to be costly or take weeks to complete. Try these creative ideas for quick transformations.
Low-effort, high-impact updates will welcome your guests year-round.
- Hang new window treatments to easily change the mood of the room.
- Add a patterned rug for texture, warmth and visual interest.
- Update the duvet for a small fix that makes a big difference.
- Place new pillows in various fabrics and prints to add depth and coziness.
- Invite the outdoors in with houseplants.
You might think a kitchen update means major upgrades like new countertops or painted cabinets. But there are quick changes you can make to give your kitchen a fresh new look.
- Elevate the feel of your kitchen with new cabinet knobs and pulls.
- Restyle open shelving or glass-door cabinets with new or repurposed items.
- Create a coffee bar for a modern hotel-like atmosphere.
- Soften windows while adding style with new blinds or shades.
- Swap old or dated light fixtures for stylish pendants.
- Make a distinctive statement with a new faucet.
First impressions are made in your home’s entryway. A few simple fixes will go a long way in making this multi-purpose space warm and welcoming.
- Add storage with a bench, shelving, console table, or hooks.
- Bring life into the space by placing natural elements like small branches or dried grasses in a vase.
- Give the illusion of spaciousness with a full-length mirror.
- Create a dramatic gallery wall.
- Add family photos or meaningful decor for a personal touch.
Housewarming Gifts For A Warm Welcome
Celebrate a friend or loved one’s new home with these creatively unique housewarming gifts.
If the new homeowner loves to host gatherings with friends and family, a personalized cheeseboard or coaster set makes the perfect addition for their next get-together.
For those who value a tidy home, help them out with a cordless vacuum or lid organizer. To keep their schedules as organized as their home, a magnetic calendar is another option.
Culinary enthusiasts will enjoy practical kitchen gifts like organic salts, premium olive oils and artisanal honey. Or consider unusual accessories like hand-painted measuring cups or a mortar and pestle.
Those who love spending time at home will appreciate a relaxing evening with a bath caddy tray and a soothing candle. For families, a sampler of popcorn flavors for their next movie night will surely be a hit.
Hot Tips and Cool Tricks: Your Guide To Regular HVAC Upkeep
Keeping cool in the summer and warm in the winter isn’t just about comfort — it’s about maintaining a home that breathes easy year-round. Beyond merely reducing the chances of an unexpected breakdown, regular upkeep of your HVAC system significantly extends its lifespan and is easier than you might think. While experts suggest professional maintenance once or twice a year, there are some simple tasks you can perform on your own.
- Ensure outdoor components are on level ground and free of leaves, grass clippings, toys, and other debris. Maintain two feet of clearance around the unit.
- Inspect refrigerant line insulation for damage and check for leaks. If repairs are needed, consult a licensed HVAC professional.
- In warmer months, turn off the water supply to the furnace humidifier. When the weather turns cooler, replace the humidifier filter and turn the water back on.
- Use high-efficiency air filters, and be sure to replace them every three months.
- Clean the AC condensation drain line with water and bleach.
- Lubricate the HVAC motor and replace the fan belt if necessary.
Spice Up Your Pumpkin-Decorating Skills
Turn ordinary pumpkins into extraordinary works of art with these “gourd-eous” decorating ideas.
Give your pumpkins a metallic makeover with copper spray paint that matches copper cookware for a trendy autumn kitchen.
Make a cozy sweater for your pumpkin by gluing thick braids of yarn from stem to bottom, spacing braids about one inch apart.
Bring mummies to life by wrapping strips of gauze around a small pumpkin, using hot glue to secure the strips. Leave a gap in the gauze, then glue on two different-sized black circles for the eyes. These cute pumpkins capture the spirit of the season with their not-so-spine-tingling stare.
Add a touch of elegance by gluing pieces of white lace trim or delicate flower appliques onto pumpkins.
Recipe: Personal Greek Pizza
2 small, pre-baked pizza crusts
¼ cup marinara or pizza sauce
½ cup crumbled Feta cheese
½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
¼ cup red onion, julienned
¼ cup black olives, halved
¼ cup green olives, sliced
¼ cup sundried tomatoes
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place pizza crusts on pan and top with equal amounts of sauce, cheese and vegetables. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until toppings are hot and crusts are crispy. Serve with tzatziki sauce.
|©2023 The Personal Marketing Company. All rights reserved. Reproductions in any form, in part or in whole, are prohibited without written permission. If your property is currently listed for sale or lease, this is not intended as a solicitation of that listing. The material in this publication is for your information only and not intended to be used in lieu of seeking additional consumer or professional advice. All trademarked names or quotations are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The Personal Marketing Company